The Polokwane Municipality is looking for X79 candidates to work as General Workers. Here are the application details for Polokwane Municipality General Workers positions.
Table of Contents
Position: General Worker X79
(Job titles may vary as per SBU Operational requirements)
Salary: R139 647-R141 275
(basic salary per annum excluding benefits)
Post level: 17
Grade 07 or ABET Level 3. Basic reading and writing. No
experience. The physical attributes required for the performance of tasks
associated with specific key performance areas in this post necessitates
that the incumbent be physically sound and in a healthy condition. Be
prepared to work shifts, only in sections/functions where shift work is
required. Good sight ability and physically fit. Ability to bend, stoop and
kneel as the employee must do physical Labour. Ability to carry, lift and
push heavy objects. Be prepared to work in confined spaces and elevated
heights. First Aid, Plant operation, water testing, use of chlorine and fire
· Assist with the erection/installation/ maintenance of infrastructure.
· Responsible for general maintenance activities.
· Assist with handling of chemicals.
· Responsible for digging holes and trenches as well as any other duty
relating to the preparation and repairing of work areas.
· Loading and off-loading of materials, chemicals and equipment.
· Responsible for care of tools and equipment.
· Responsible for general housekeeping of plant, site and offices.
· Adhere to the Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
· General cleaning of municipal premises.
· Grass cutting and ground cleaning.
· General maintenance of museums using traditional methods.
· Collecting and loading of waste into trucks.
· Collection of street and littered waste in and around public areas.
· Bottling of drinking water.
· Verbally reporting the condition/status of tools to the immediate superior.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ATTACHED TO SOME OF THE POSITIONS:
· Required to work in all weather conditions.
· Exposure to high voltage systems.
· Must at least have basic understanding of English.
· Required to work outside normal working hours during emergencies and
· Must be able to work without constant supervision and under pressure.
The duties above are not exhaustive, comprehensive job descriptions will
be handed to successful applicants upon appointment and the employer
is entitled to instruct the employees at any time to carry out additional
duties or responsibilities which fall reasonably within the scope of the job
description, or in accordance with operational requirements.
Important to note: APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED WITHOUT THE OFFICIAL
APPLICATION FORM WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Download the Application form here.
Polokwane Municipality offers challenging opportunities, competitive
packages, and fringe benefits (Pension, Medical Aid, Housing Allowance,
Polokwane Municipality Recruitment policy as well as the Personnel Code
as approved by the council will guide the process.
Preference will be given to candidates from designated groups in line with
the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, and the council’s employment
equity plan or targets and goals. For this reason, we require that Race,
Gender, and Disability status be specified. NOTE: Suitable candidates
will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (Criminal record,
Citizenship, credit record, qualifications verification, and
employment verifications). Where applicable candidates will be
subjected to a skills/ knowledge test.) The form must be accompanied
by a detailed CV, originally certified copies (not older than three months) of
qualifications, ID, any other supporting documents and may be hand
delivered to Polokwane Municipality Civic Centre at Cnr Landros Mare
& Bodenstein Streets, POLOKWANE on the 09 Floor office no 902.
Closing Date: 23 November 2023
Late applications will not be considered. Should you not hear from us
within four months of the closing date, please consider your application as
unsuccessful. We thank all applicants for the interest shown.
See other positions at Polokwane Municipality here.